Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I AM AMAZED EVERYTIME!

I have done my fair share of traveling in my life and have spent a lot of time on planes since I moved home in 2004. I always try to get a window seat because I love seeing what there is to see while we sit and wait for the plane to take off. I am also the one with my nose glued to the glass during portions of the flight and of course the landing. More often than not, prior to take-off I find myself in a daze watching as these huge planes are filled with people and luggage. I am amazed the logistical phenomenon that is our airline systems...I mean really, how on Earth do they get all those bags to the right spots?!?! I marvel in the simple fact that something that big could fly through the air and carry people comfortably from one location to some place completely different. I know our civilization has been flying for years and years, and I myself have taken numerous flights...but I am so fascinated by the concept of flight. Loading up in Detroit in the middle of winter and arriving in Costa Rica, in a totally different country, climate and culture...that is totally awesome!

With how intense (in a good way) my life is at home, coupled with my ability to completely relax on vacation, flying somewhere sometimes feels like getting on a time machine. The last 2 weeks of March was a very intensely stressful time for me. In the middle of the 2 weeks, it just so happened that I had a trip to Colorado planned. I got to a boiling point and since my trip to Colorado was mostly for fun, I almost backed out of going. After asking a bunch of questions and weighing a few things, I decided to go...and what perfect timing! I left the crazy chaos going on here and as soon as I sat down on the plane, it all melted away. In a short 2.5 hour plane ride, I was half way across the country, with great friends, beautiful sunshine and peace of mind to enjoy the weekend. It truly is amazing to "sit in a chair in the air" and end up thousands of miles away. The following link is one of my favorites...half way through is when he starts his discussion about flight and he hits the nail on the head...I laugh so hard every time I watch this.





His whole concept of "Everything is Amazing and Nobody is Happy" is so right on. Take a look around and find a little something to be amazed by and grateful for. So many of the thigns around you are absolutely amazing...even the simple fact that I can write this blog sitting at my desk and my Grandmother can read it from her home in Florida...and you can read it from wherever you are!! This LIFE truly is AMAZING!!! ...and we only get one chance.

No comments: