Thursday, February 16, 2012

I HAVE A STORY TO TELL...

I live a very blessed life. It has changed for the better this past month and I know that you can probably tell that is true through my posts. I am amazed, in awe and disbelief that life could possibly be like this. I could try to phrase the story in a way that would make sense on here but it would take pages and pages. Instead...when you have about 20 minutes and a box of tissues...go to http://www.ridenthewave.us/ and you will see a post called "Happy Valentine's Day 2012" and 4 videos...that was my Heart Day present from my beau this year and I just wanted to share.

I have had an image in life about what I wanted my relationship to look and feel like. I have to admit that over the years, with all that I have been through, it has gotten a little bit jaded. Now when I look back, all the lessons I have learned along the way were totally worth it. "People are put in our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime". Many times in the beginning it feels like it is for a lifetime, and then things change. Often things are hard to figure out in the moment, however if we stick with it long enough, the reason usually reveals itself in retrospect. I see it now. I am not naive enough (though I am hopeful) to think that what is happening now will always stay this way...however if the foundation is strong, the ground can stay steady enough to be able to weather the storms together. I think that is what love is really all about.

2 comments:

Gerri said...

Ahhhh, I had the 20 minutes and "beautiful" is the word that comes to mind. xo

Dr. E said...

Thank you Gerri!