Sunday, January 22, 2012

BROTHERS

I have told you about my brothers before but I don't think that I have told you lately how much I love them. We have such a fun, unique relationship now that is pretty rare to find in the world these days. I didn't always feel this way mostly because while growing up, I found myself on the short end of 3 against 1 on almost a daily basis. We have all faced challenges, have lived full lives and somehow along the way became really close. I think it also helps that 2 of them married some of the most amazing women which have also helped to grow our relationships.

Last night was a celebration of family...well a celebration of the winter season and ice, with a huge helping of family on the side. The four of us balance each other really well. We make each other laugh, help each other out and have a real strong appreciation for what each of us brings to the table. There is a loyalty that is like nothing else on Earth. We all feel really lucky that we have made homes within 10 miles of one another and this lends to some good times together. I am glad we are on this journey together, and though I didn't always feel this way, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Erica, What a blessing to have such a wonderful relationship with your siblings. I am the oldest of four. 3 girls one boy. We are also at that stage that when we can get together, we have some of the best times! Hugs and Noah says, "Hello!!" :)